News & Industry Affairs/ICAO news
- Compliance key to African air connectivity
- ICAO sign agreement to increase digital framework in aviation
- SANSA selected by ICAO to become the designated regional provider of space weather
- January 2019: Air Transport Monthly Monitor
- ICAO and South Africa partner on major step forward for gender equality in global aviation
ICAO and South Africa partner on major step forward for gender equality in global aviation
8 to 10 August 2018, Cape Town, South Africa. In a major step forward for gender equality and gender action in international air transport, ICAO and South Africa’s Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) were joined by over 500 leaders and experts from around the world in Cape Town for the opening of the first-ever Global Aviation Gender Summit.
SACAA was supported by the Government of the Republic of South Africa through its Department of Transport, and the event was jointly opened and closed by ICAO Secretary General Dr. Fang Liu, and by the Deputy Minister of Transport, Sindisiwe Chikunga.
Representing Member States and the entire range of air transport sector operations, and bringing perspectives and insights from a range of civil society and United Nations agencies with strong gender equity mandates, the event’s participants heard from a series of leaders on why the #TimeIsNow for concrete actions and commitments for gender equality in global aviation. Read more...